Mechanical Project Lead required to be responsible for the delivery of the mechanical architecture requirements.
The contract is for 6 Months initially (on-going thereafter) with a competitive hourly rate offered.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Establishing the Airframe Task Requirements Specification (TRS) to ensure a structured & coherent mechanical response to the overall TRS.
- Management of the mechanical interface.
- Management of Mechanical & Thermal Interfaces.
- Defining the optimum mechanical architecture for all variants, ensuring the mechanical architecture and interfaces meet requirements.
- Implementation of GMA Policies to ensure Modularity & Reuse objectives are achieved.
- Development of the overall proving logic for the validation of the Airframe.
- Ensuring mechanical compliance to the Airframe TRS for certificate of design.
- Interface with and manage customer expectations throughout the development process.
- Producing Statements of Work and plans for activities within their sphere of responsibility.
- Direct technical supervision of engineers within their team and indirect management of engineers in the extended project team.
- Controlling assigned budgets, managing personal workload and identifying any further resource needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Significant experience of mechanical engineering.
- Ability to technically manage internal & sub-contract activities.
- Strong leadership skills, able to establish a clear engineering vision.
- Good knowledge & experience of mechanical design, including Static & Dynamic Analysis, Design for Environment and Thermal Management.
- Good understanding of broader engineering disciplines, including Aerodynamics, Testability and Production. Experience developing proving logic and managing the generation of compliance evidence towards Certificates of Design
- Experience across the full Product Life Cycle.
- Ability to influence senior managers and other stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel within UK and Europe
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting proceedure.