As a family business that has grown into a profitable organisation, we have the ability to avoid protracted and bureaucratic decisions, allowing us to benefit from our team members differing ideas and lateral solutions.
Our experience in the design and construction of quality apartments spanning social housing, luxury apartments and inner-city developments, servicing both the private and public sectors.
We bring financial strength and operational flexibility to offer a range of project delivery options to our Clients and partners.
Our core produce are medium to high rise RC frame apartment blocks [30 to 100 units].
We have secured a full pipeline of work to 2020 with tier one Housing Association providers in London [all G15 HA’s].
We have an opportunity for a Mechanical and Electrical manager to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity, whereby you will be responsible for ensuring efficiency, quality and affordability across the design, installation and maintenance of all these essential systems, working alongside estimators and construction delivery teams to achieve this.
Our company is part of a group turning over £100m per year with over 2500 employees. We work and partner with multiple Housing associations and Boroughs throughout London and the South East.
The role encompasses the design, installation and maintenance of essential services and equipment found in all buildings, including:
- Water, gas and electricity supplies.
- Lighting, heating and air-conditioning.
- Security systems.
- Lifts and escalators.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Reviewing installation plans and specifications to ensure that they deliver to what the building/client needs.
- Advising the design team on the co-ordination of services within the overall building design, for example, advice on how much space is needed above ceilings to accommodate ventilation systems and other services.
- Reviewing prices for services work.
- Testing and checking installations.
- Making sure jobs meet building regulations and health and safety requirements.
- Attending meetings and presenting ideas and progress reports to managers and clients.
- Advising clients on how the building services will operate once building is complete.
- Helping to protect the environment by keeping energy wastage to a minimum within the building services.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing M&E Health and safety onsite.
- Reviewing M&E RAMS/SSW (Weekly).
- Daily health and safety checks.
Managing M&E Subcontractors (SC) onsite, including quality inspections:
- Sign off close up sheets.
- Quality reports issued to SC’s.
- Chase SC’s to rectify issues raised.
- Manage the SC programme.
- Building and managing the SC commissioning programme.
- Holding meetings (minutes etc.)
- Assist QS in the SC tender returns/analyses for compliance.
- Read and understand what is each Sub Contract order (M&E), for example, labour levels etc.
- Take ownership of managing the M&E contractors.
- Understand Client ER’s.
- Print / Read / Highlight
- Understand what is in our CP’s.
- Write M&E CP’s for bids.
- Understand what is in Consultant’s TDC.
- Review the consultant design as the drawings arrive (cross check against ER’s and CP’s) VE there and then by highlighting the drawings/spec.
- Liaison with design team on feasibility of design within project constraints.
- Provide technical support and expertise to the internal project team as well as acting as advisory for the client.
- Ensure the efficient production of engineering information in accordance with project conditions and requirements, taking account of the CDM and other statutory regulations and the client’s quality and programme requirements.
- Attending design team/site meetings as and when required and providing input on M&E issues as necessary.
- Tracking design and contract progress.
Have full awareness of the stats requirements for each scheme
- Liaise with various stat suppliers to obtain quotes and best price for installation.
- Define capacity needed.
- Manage all stages through to completion.
- Recording information for as builds.
- Updating progress reports and M&E program.
- Attending site meetings.
- Uploading tech subs and information.
- Contribute to the weekly client site reports.
- Manage all technical MEP related elements of the project.
- Maintain good relationships with consultants and contractors as far as possible to benefit the project but always protecting the interests of the business.
- Manage and monitor consultant and contractor performance.
- Management and project reporting of all contractual and commercial aspects in relation to MEP.
- Compile request for proposal briefing documents, selection and appointment of MEP design team consultants.
- Provide regular progress reports for MEP project aspects to the management team.
- Must have a confident, resourceful and 'can-do’ approach to work.
- Clearly demonstrable commitment to previous firms.
- Clearly demonstrable commitment to increase their responsibility and manage team members.
- Pension Scheme.
- Friendly and understanding Management Team who promote CPD and in house information sharing and "new ideas" from all team members.
Competitive salary and package