CLEAN is a leading textile rental and laundry services company providing professional linen and workwear to the hospitality and manufacturing industries throughout the UK. Continuous investment in our people, modern facilities, cutting edge technologies and our transport fleet, ensures the consistent delivery of high-quality textile products and services to customers. In 2018 CLEAN became part of Alsco a global leader in textile rental and laundry services employing over 19,500 people. Responsible for shaping the linen and uniform rental industry since 1889 Alsco is present in 14 different countries across more than 175 locations, providing a world-class service to over 350,000 customers.
To carry out engineering maintenance, repair and project activity to support the delivery of an effective and efficient site laundry operation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To work effectively with other engineers on site.
- To comply with all Company and legal standards when working (Health and Safety, hygiene, etc).
- To ensure effective fault diagnosis of any plant and equipment on site that is not operating to the required targets.
- To carry out repairs when needed.
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance activity as instructed.
Customer and Quality Focus
- Ability to communicate with the site production team and the Site Engineering Manager.
- Understands operational needs and ensures that engineering activity on site is carried out effectively and efficiently for both breakdown repairs and planned maintenance activity.
- Ensures standards are maintained for all work carried out and appropriate records completed and signed-off.
- Carries out repairs effectively and efficiently with minimal disruption to operational running. Escalates to the General Manager and Site Engineering Manager as required.
- Has effective fault diagnosis skills and repair ability for all plant and equipment on site.
- Is a team player and can work effectively with other engineers on site.
- Ensures that all expected standards are maintained (eg, Health and Safety, engineering standards, uniform, PPE, behaviour, etc).
- Takes responsibility for maintaining the appropriate standards of housekeeping and hygiene in their work area.
Driving for Improved Results
- Understands the KPI’s for production and focuses on delivering engineering support to the site team that ensures production levels are maintained.
- Ensures all equipment operates to the required outputs through effective execution of repair and preventative maintenance activity.
- Ensures effective use of inventory and spares. Liaises with the Site Engineering Manager on any potential issues.
- Gets involved with continuous improvement activity and lean initiatives as required.
- Responsibility for ensuring all engineering activity both breakdown and maintenance, is carried out in a timely and effective manner.
- Has the appropriate skills required to maintain and repair the equipment and plant on site, particularly fault diagnosis and control skills.
- Reviews plant performance with the shift production team and ensures that all equipment is working to the appropriate targets. Ensures any engineering maintenance activity is carried out in line with production demands.
- Supports the Site Engineering Manager in ad-hoc project work and tasks as required on any CLEAN site.
- English - spoken and written.
- IT Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Academic qualifications and/or apprenticeship to support the role (mechanical/electrical/control skills), with a control bias.
- Experience in a high speed/volume manufacturing or production-type environment.
- Relevant laundry industry experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'