Mechanical and Building Services Supervisor required.
- Allocation of maintenance staff and resources (both directly employed and contractors), to ensure that Reactive, Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), New Works and all other Maintenance Services are undertaken in an efficient and effective manner, to appropriate standards and within budget.
- Ensure works are undertaken in a timely manner and the performance management of directly employed maintenance staff.
- Providing technical advice and ensuring appropriate 'repair' verse life cycle replacement decisions are taken and that unresolved issues are appropriately managed and reported.
- Undertake this role within a weekly rotating Day/Night shift system.
- Team leader, deploying staff both directly employed and contracted staff.
- Act as a point of contact regarding plant equipment failures and to arrange the supply of good and/or services as necessary and organize remedial works or emergency isolations as and when required.
- Allocate staff and physical resources (including staff rota’s and overtime works) to ensure that the Maintenance Department’s Performance Criteria (KPI’s) are achieved.
- Liaise directly with the Maintenance Planner Co-ordinator (MPC) or the Customer in their absence, to prioritize the activities of staff undertaking repair works and general maintenance activities by directly employed staff or contractors.
- To manage and supervise directly employed staff and contractors in day to day planned maintenance, fault finding and repair, periodic inspections and testing of the complete spectrum of services found in a building services environment to include -
- HV & LV Sub Station Distribution and associated Electrical Systems
- Stand-by Generators
- HVAC systems
- Water Systems and Distribution
- Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Competent Person Gas Services
- Boiler Controls and associated equipment\services
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Nurses Call Systems
- Control systems of varying types throughout the Hospital site i.e. Catering, Laundry, Water Treatment, etc.
- Steam Plant and associated Systems
- Building Fabric Maintenance - Internal & External
- To interpret layouts and drawings and utilise this information to perform fault diagnostics/rectification, planned preventative maintenance and installation of new equipment.
- Raise Purchase Order Requests for required Spares and materials.
- Reviews the Stores and identify critical and regularly used items, which should be help as 'Standard Stock Items’ in the future.
- Understand and work in accordance with the requirements of Health Technical Memorandums (HTMs) and any Statutory and Technical requirements for the operation and maintenance of plant and engineering services.
- Carry out minor design and modifications to engineering plant, services and Buildings as required. Update drawings.
Staff Management and Supervision
- Day to day management of contractors.
- Carry out Toolbox Talks / Team Briefings which should be held in accordance with the frequency set-out within the Department’s Meeting Policy.
- Supervisory Experience
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Technical Requirements