We are recruiting for 2 HGV/PCV Mechanics/Vehicle Technicians to join our team in Taunton or Bridgwater.
The salary for this Mechanic position is £14.77 per hour which includes a shift allowance. Earnings in excess of £29,900 per annum. The working hours are 39 per week worked over a 5/7 shift pattern.
The safety and reliability of our buses is vital in making sure we can provide the highest levels of service to our customers. Dealing with the full range of systems, your job covers diagnosis and repairs, routine examinations, servicing and parts replacement. You will also be responsible for recording job data.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (ie City & Guilds Level 1 & 2)
- An ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- A full B class licence is essential and a PSV licence would be desirable. If you do not hold a PSV licence you must be willing to work to obtain a PSV licence with company training.
There is also a great range of benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success - Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension - You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance - For all members of our pension scheme.
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Together we provide helpful and reliable services on our buses, keep thousands of vehicles on the road and make sure everything runs smoothly.
We can offer you a wide range of rewarding careers, as we make a big investment in the future and transform the world of bus travel.
Interested? Apply Today!
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'