Mech Fitter / Test technician
- To £21 p/h
- 12 month contract
Immediate contract position for Test Technician for Aerospace / Mfg company in Middlesex. The position is responsible for bringing together the hardware in line with the test specification; construct and conduct the test.
- Prepare hardware including its refurbishment and install instrumentation for seat component part testing.
- Manufacture / assemble in line with test specification any special test fixtures and equipment.
- Perform production acceptance testing in line with company quality control documentation
- Conduct seat component part testing in line with test procedure / Test Engineer instructions.
- Provide an initial assessment of test assemblies post test and during assembly with regard to their marginality of success.
- Undertake pre test performance checks to confirm correct assembly and functionality.
- Broad experience of machining tools - ie drill, lathe, milling machines.
- Broad experience of reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Basic manufacturing experience in the production of fixtures and fittings to create simple structures - eg machined blocks for vibration testing.
- General MBA product knowledge
- Broad H&S experience of working in a hazardous environment ie working with explosives, chemicals
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this position.
- jig & fixture