Our client is a Broadcasting Media with headquarters in London and has a broad range of programme content, varying from news to entertainment and 11 bureaus in the Middle East and worldwide. They are looking to hire an MCR Engineer to join their team;
- Undertake monitoring Control of the channel off air and escalation process with DTH providers
- Effectively receive and record Feeds (Live 2way / Tape feed) and Live Programs via Satellite, MPLS, CDN, Fibre, Q-links and 3G-4G cellular devises such as TVU.
- Controlling the quality of receiving Feeds as per our Quality standards.
- To closely monitor the receiving tape feeds and live programs.
- Comprehensive, and detailed, understanding of a live 24-hour broadcast environment.
- In-depth understanding of satellite communication technology including Downlink, Uplinks, L-band Matrix, IRD's and spectrum Analysers
- In-depth understanding of broadcasting standards including 3G-SDI, HDSDI 1080i, SDI, AES/EBU, MPEG, PAL 625, NTSC 525 and Relevant measurement tools
- In-depth understanding of Video Compression
- In-depth understanding of Broadcast media server workflows - Ingest - Transcoding * IP networks (TCP/IP, FTP, UDP, Streaming and Store and Forward)
- In-depth understanding of Newsroom production systems and procedures
- Experience of leading a team, conducting appraisals.
- Minimum of 5-year' experience in a 24 hour MCR environment.
- Fluent English speaker and able to communicate effectively verbally & in writing.
- Able to report technical issues through clear diagrams
- Commitment to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- To be able to translate user requirements into technical requirements and technical specifications.
- Able to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of, and supervise a team.
- Deadline Driven.
- Calm under pressure & ability to make effective decisions.
- Have good, logical judgement, be approachable, & dependable.
- Degree in Broadcast Engineering/Electronics/Communications Engineering or similar