We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT) Supervisor to join our team at Veolia's Integrated Waste Management Facility in Southwark, London. The MBT is an innovated design bringing mechanical pre-treatment and composting technologies together treating 87500t of Municipal Solid Waste per year.
The facility focuses on bio stabilising the waste and manufacturing 2 types of waste derived fuel products used to generate electricity. One is an organic rich renewable biofuel and the other is a high energy content plastic rich fuel used to reduce fossil fuel use is energy generation. The facility also removes 5% recycling from the waste for further processing into new products.
The position reports to the MBT Operations Manager and is responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable day to day operation of the facility. A focused and driven individual will succeed in this position embracing operation and maintenance inspections and promoting high performance within the team.
- Ensure MBT operates within the requirements of the environmental permit, managing the daily stock of incoming and outgoing waste
- Manage the daily tasks of 5 direct reports to a high standard ensuring health and safety remain a priority, investigating all safety concerns
- Review daily performance of the facility liaising with Operations manager and Maintenance team to suggest improvements to increase operating availability
- Review the operational conditions of the air treatment system ensuring it performs at its optimum to comply with odour conditions on environmental permit
- Closely monitor staff absences and actively seek to reduce staff sickness
- Scheduling your team rota providing cover for annual leave
- Ordering consumable items and PPE within the budgeted resource
- Work alongside central teams to organise the sale and collection of recycling and ad hoc project work including site innovation projects
- Assist MBT manager with monthly KPI reporting
- Managing accurate records of daily performance
- Responsible for daily output sampling and quality improvement
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- Team leadership ability-previous experience of managing a team
- Need basic mechanical understanding, not necessarily a qualified Engineer
- Ideally mechanical and/or electrical bias
- Health & Safety background
- Knowledge of Environmental compliance
- An understanding of controlling spend, stock levels
- IT literate-Excel Word, SAP, Sharepoint, SCADA
- GCSE's in Biology and/or Chemistry
- Good communication skills
Veolia supports the principle of Equality & Diversity in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
To apply for this positon please send a mail.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'