** Maths Teaching post
** April 2018 start
** School located in Southend
A very good secondary school in Southend, East London are looking for an exceptional Maths Teacher to join them from April 2018. They require a teacher who can confidently deliver the subject across key stage 3-5. Behavior at the school is excellent and an outstanding learning environment is created for all students. You will be part of a diverse and forward-thinking department, teaching students 11-16 years.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a recognised teaching qualification
- A recent DBS (Registered to the update service)
- a confident and friendly approach
- A strong background in Maths.
- Experience in teaching in a wide variety of classroom settings.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
- Teach Maths across key stage 3-5.
- Secure outstanding attainment and progress at all key stages.
- Provide extra-curricular support for pupils to ensure outstanding achievement and progress for exam groups and promote enjoyment and participation in the subject for non-exam groups.
- Show flexibility, innovation and intelligence in responding to the needs of the pupils and school as a whole.
The school have been recently graded as Good with Outstanding features by ofsted in 2017. Their students gained 76% 9-4 in GCSE English (whereas the national figure was only 62%), 65% in Mathematics (nationally this was 59%) and 74% A*-C in Science (compared with, nationally, 58%). A level results were also fantastic, with 95% of students gaining passes in their A levels.
In addition, Year 9 students were selected by the government to take part in the TIMMS international study in standards in Mathematics and Science. Not only did our students outperform the rest of England but they ranked 8th in Mathematics and 4th in Science out of 42 countries.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.