Maths Teacher - Private College
A leading private college based in Soho, Central London are looking to recruit a 'GCSE Maths Teacher'.
The role will initially be on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The role will be paying up to £34-35K
You MUST have experience of teaching Maths up to GCSE level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities -
- Ensure delivery of maths is in line with college aims and targets, meeting a minimum of 'Good’ in line with Ofsted criteria, aspiring to achieve 'Outstanding’ teaching and learning
- Deliver, assess and record appropriate Initial and Diagnostic Assessments to individuals and groups, providing guidance to tutors and learners regarding the analysis of the assessment outcomes
- Devise, deliver and manage programmes of study to meet learners’ individual needs, programme requirements and national standards from Entry Level to Level 2 and GCSE
- Provide individualised support to up to 150 learners (per academic year) in a range of situations/locations as per their specific needs, which may include: 1:1 in-class, group work, adaptation of learning materials and resources, differentiation of planning and delivery, implementation of assessment access arrangements
- Promote a stimulating learning environment and use a range of Education and Training strategies and materials, including the use of digital skills resources, to motivate and engage learners, encourage the development of learners’ skills and understanding and positive outcomes
- Ensure that Schemes of Work, lesson plans and group files are maintained and up to date in the format required
- Develop a range of appropriate learning materials for use across the curriculum, participate in maths GCSE curriculum development and staff training
- Promote the importance of improving English and mathematics GCSE as appropriate, in the context of learners achieving their learning goals and life ambitions
- Maintain quality systems and complete relevant tracking, reporting and registration documentation as required by the College, Awarding bodies and other external agencies
- Follow and maintain internal quality assurance procedures for qualifications in this programme area, including delivery and marking of tests and assignments
Skills / Qualifications required -
- A teaching qualification (minimum PGCE)
- Experience in delivering 9-1 standard GCSE maths
- Vocationally competent in maths, minimum A-Level or equivalent
- Experience with moderation of GCSE’s quality
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading college with excellent career prospects and generous staff benefits.
PLEASE APPLY NOW!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"