Our client is seeking a dedicated, forward thinking, enthusiastic and inspiring Maths Teacher to deliver Mathematics up to KS3 (Year 8). A knowledge of KS4 would be beneficial for their more advanced pupils.
You will be part of a successful team who take pride in developing their students’ mathematical ability.
To have a clear understanding of the Mathematics curriculum up to KS4 observing DfE requirements and the aims of the School;
Be fully responsible for a group of children during timetabled teaching periods;
Produce Short and Medium Term teaching plans in accordance with the schools’ guidelines, ensuring relevant deadlines are met;
Liaise with relevant Heads of Departments and Class Teachers regarding cross-curricular subject matter;
Liaise with the SENCO as appropriate;
Support the Head and Director of Studies in raising and maintaining high standards;
A willingness to be involved in, or organise School Trips;
Set and monitor the quality of homework;
Set and mark appropriate assessments and exams which can be used to inform your teaching;
Where the need arises, prepare specific additional work to support individual children’s needs and ensure it is completed satisfactorily;
Attend courses to keep self and staff informed of further developments;
Attend all staff meetings and inset days, parents’ evenings, Speech Day, Sports’ Day, Family Funday, Open Mornings and at times attend and help with the schools’ Association functions.
Ensure individual reports are written for each child and relevant deadlines are met;
1. Qualified teacher
2. First-rate classroom practitioner
3. Secure knowledge of and experience in maths curriculum up to KS3. Some children move onto KS4 work in year 8.
4. Evidence of continuing professional development
5. Good communication skills
6. Good organisational skills
7. Up to date IT skills including use of MS Office package and experience with interactive white boards
8. Evidence of ability to integrate IT into their lessons
1. Positive personality - enthusiastic, dynamic and caring
2. Love and passion for teaching children
3. Ability to work in a team
4. Ability to prioritise effectively
5. Ability to see task through to completion
6. Loyal and supportive colleague
7. Ability to teach effectively across the whole ability range
8. Possess a sense of humour!
Extra Curriculum Activities
The school offers a wide and diverse extra curriculum. The candidate would be expected to be involved in this. This includes
1. Sport - The school has a 'sports for all’ policy with all children taking part in school matches. The ability and willingness to coach sport would be a benefit.
2. After school clubs - The School offers after school clubs and any candidate would be expected to run a club of their choice once a week.
3. Once a week the school have a timetabled 'Activities’ session and a candidate would be expected to run an activity of their choice.
4. A willingness to be involved or organise School trips.
5. The school has success with Drama and Music and the willingness of the candidate to be involved in this would be viewed positively.
- Qualified Teacher