Mathematical Data Analyst - Quantitative, O.R., Modelling
To £40,000 negotiable DoE plus Benefits
An exciting opportunity to work with at a leading media corporation at their HQ Operations in London and to become a key member of their Analytical Science team which is solely focused upon providing OR and Business Modelling internal consultancy expertise.
In this highly mathematical and scientific commercial setting, you can expect to be exponentially propelling your career and developing your skill set within:
- Algorithms - Forecasting, Optimisation;
- Commercial and Revenue Analysis;
- Building new analytical tools and rolling them out across the organisation;
- Working with colleagues and key stakeholders to deliver Analytical solutions and data analysis that is easily usable for non mathematical individuals;
- Helping to pioneer Data Driven Decisions;
- Exploring cutting edge and trending Quantitative Data Analysis techniques;
- Expanding the opportunity of commercially viable Data Science projects;
- Providing robust Insights from Business Statistics;
- Working closely with, and being mentored by, the Commercial Director, Head of Revenue Management and the Commercial Analytics Director.
And here’s what you need to demonstrate:
- At least academic achievement to Master’s level within a Quantitative subject (i.e. Maths, OR, Science, Physical Sciences etc.) to be underpinned by a Mathematical / Numerical BSc;
- A demonstrable understanding of the following OR tools and techniques: Revenue Management, Predictive Analytics, Optimisation and Forecasting;
- Some OR Modelling skills is a pre-requisite - either through work or academia;
- Technically adept in Excel and SQL and, ideally, Tableau or a similar data manipulation / visualisation tool
- Passionate about programming and coding for data generation with skills such as MATLAB, R and/or Python
- An obsession for mathematical data and the power it can unlock for commercial business optimisation
- A desire to work in a lively, fun, intelligent, challenging and exciting environment, where your own personal efforts and achievements are rewarded.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every individual. We would truly love to reply to everyone but would need an army of dedicated emailers. However, this shouldn’t stop you from applying to each role you feel to which you may be suited. Applications are processed within 24-48 hours, so should we not contact you, please assume your skills do not quite match our clients’ specific requirements for this rôle.
- Data Analysis