My client is the largest independent co-packer in the UK, working with some of the best-known food brands to provide cost-effective and innovative co-packing and co-manufacturing solutions. With over 30 years experience, a national network of co-packing facilities, committed staff and a flexible approach to business, my client continues to lead the market.
As a key member of the Factory Planning Team, the Materials & Transport Planner is responsible for managing WIP deliveries to site in accordance with the plan, keeping stock levels on site in line with warehouse capacity, whilst also managing number of vehicles and pallets to site on a daily basis.
- Reporting to Factory Planner
- Deputises for Factory Planner
- Deputises for Materials Planners
- Primary contact for factory in relation to WIP availability for plan
- Co-ordinate the provision of all WIP to site, to deliver the plan
- Manage Transport through INET system
- Smooth planning of inbound stock and vehicles within the capacity of the site.
- Ensure vehicles are planned to despatch stock in a timely manner in accordance with deployment requirements of customer
- Plan material availability to site JIT (Day 1 for Day 2)
- KPI Measures to be put in place to measure customers/suppliers delivery (i.e. On Time, Booked in for time requested, delivered in full, etc…)
- Utilise and promote the use of Vision in order to streamline processes and communicate effectively across the business.
- Coach and Manage staff in line with company Behaviours
- Be a role model for others at all times and demonstrate the company behaviours
- WIP delivered to site.
- Attainment to plan - No material run outs.
- No. of vehicles and pallets to site as per warehouse rules.
Personal KPI’s, Measures & Performance Targets
- No WIP Run Outs (short term, daily)
- Plan Attainment (ATP) - >95%
- Stock Cover in Warehouse (total 1 week)
- Pallets in stock - Warehouse & Despatch
Good interpersonal skills are vital. You must also have the confidence to challenge personnel and communicate with external customers. Computer skills are essential (Including Word and Excel).
Training within duties will be given to the successful candidate.
This is a development role opportunity, with timescales yet to be determined and KPI’s to be confirmed.
Hours of work - 40 hours per week
If you feel that you have the necessary skills to apply for this role then we want to hear from you.
Samcra Resourcing are an outsourced CV screening company, our clients like to make sure that they are only dealing with relevant applications however please be assured that once you pass the screening process you will be informed of the hiring company and it will be the hiring manager dealing with your application directly