Materials Planning Manager
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Our relationship with our exisiting customers, supporting the growing and ongoing need for spares and techncial support has meant that we are now recruiting for the new position of Technical Materials Planning Manager based in our new Adderbury office to support our customer sites with techncial spares issues and obsolescence support.
Purpose of Role:
To manage the development and delivery of recommended spare parts lists; the resolution of technical spare part queries; and to manage the development and upkeep of a new process to manage the end of life obsolescence of spares.
- Manage Recommended Spare Parts : develop an accurate spare parts listing and ensaure this is kept up to date; ensure timley dispatch of spare parts; updsell where appropriate
- Technical queries: provide a single point of contact for all technical queries
- Alternative Part sourcing: set up alternative supplier strategies and manage the on going relationship with these
- Quality management: ensure we promote a right first time culture to our customers
- Obsolescence and End of Life Planning: Develop and maintain an obsolescence and EOL tracking tool; maintain all relevant information for speed of support and on going analysis
- Develop and manage service levels with both internal and external customers
- Maintain on going supplier relationship SLA's
To be successful in this NEW and highly business critical role:
you will have a background in spares obsolescence administration and management, ideally within a fast moving engineering environment where the management of products and time lines are critical.You will have a proven ability to prioritize and have excellent customer services skills. You will have good Office 365 IT skills and preferably a knowledge of SAP, and a track record of developing new best practice systems and work flows. Above all you will be looking for fast paced customer focused role where YOU can make a difference.
- Management Skills
- Process Improvement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"