The purpose of this vacancy is to:-
Ensure all purchased materials, consumables or other items are available on site when required to support the manufacturing process.
The main responsibilities for this role are as follows..
• Ensure all materials are available for the production requirements, taking in to consideration all lead times
• Ensure raw materials are on site 48hrs prior to scheduled production time and communicate where necessary if this cannot be met
• Place purchase orders for consumables and various indirect materials (PPE, stationery, etc.)
• Participate in supplier and production meetings
• Adhere to agreements made with suppliers
• Inform Planning & Customer Service depts. of any materials that may disrupt the schedule and proactively work together to arrive at a solution
• Take an active role in the bi-weekly aged stock meetings
• Propose potential consumption routes for obsolete raw material
• Support the purchasing function with quote requests and providing feedback to the business
• Investigate lead times to ensure dates can be obtained
• Create new material stock items in the system and fill material specs in for NPD
• Liaise with the Purchasing & Planning Manager, lead monthly reviews with all key suppliers finding solutions to service issues and looking to streamline process where possible
The salary on offer is a very generous £23,000 per annum with an equally generous benefits package as follows..
• Hours of work, Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
• Holidays 25 days plus bank holidays
• Free on-site parking
• Additional company benefits to be discussed with the successful candidate
This exciting and in depth role has just become live so do NOT delay!
We are looking for a forward thinking candidate with the ability to review and make professional recommendations on current systems to improve processes.
Someone from a FMCG background would be desirable.
If you want to work for an exciting and busy company, and find your experience and skill set matches the description above then please do not delay in getting your CV using the link below or directly over to Victoria.o’email@example.com or call 01772 200843
If this is not the role for you however you know the perfect person you can will receive £50 shopping vouchers for any recommendations that we successfully place into employment.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job