The Materials Planner will work within a dynamic, and forward-thinking Supply Chain team. Analysing and manipulating MRP/ERP system, the Materials Planner will ensure that planning and purchasing activities are carried out in line with supply chain strategy. The Materials Planner will be responsible for driving and implementing a LEAN inventory management strategy for the site.
Specific duties of the Materials Planner include:
- Analysis of current materials planning and inventory strategies
- Introducing LEAN inventory techniques - VMI, Kanban, Min/Max and safety stock levels
- Set planning and purchasing parameters in MRP/ERP
- Improve company performance against OTD and OTR targets.
- Build strong relationships with the supply chain
- Contribute to inventory rationalisation targets
- Contribute to SIOP (S&OP) planning for the site
- Co-ordinate engineering change throughout the supply chain
Applicants to the Materials Planner vacancy should meet the following criteria:
- Supply Chain, Materials, Purchasing or Production Planning within a manufacturing or engineering business
- An understanding of LEAN supply chain techniques - Kanban, VMI, SIOP, Safety Stocks etc.
- An understanding of problem solving tools - 8W, 5Y, DMAIC
- Experience using an ERP or MRP system
- Ability to build relationships with the supply chain, and stakeholders
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Demand Management
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job