Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, 12 month Fixed term contract
About the role:
This position will assist in optimising stock and service levels for our products by determining quantity and timing of production quantities. They will interface with local and departmental stakeholders to balance stockholding, costs and to influence capacity.
• Determining quantity and timing of production batches across finished goods, raw materials and intermediate items
• Working with the Value Chain Planner based centrally to optimise trigger points and replenishment quantities
• Ensuring that inventory levels are optimised across raw materials and finished goods, working with all stakeholders to optimise stock levels
• Working to optimise production efficiency by combining batches of common materials needed by different product types
• Contributing to ensuring that that service level targets (Delivery on Promise, On Time in Full, Order Average Lead Time, Fill rate) are hit for product ranges at an acceptable cost
• Helping to drive Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence activities using Lean/Six sigma methodologies
• Contributing to the company Sales and Operations Planning process
• Ensuring communication of stock replenishment dates to customer facing teams; handle exceptions where stock does not arrive on time or to specification
• Working with the Manufacturing team to support capacity planning
You have significant experience in a supply chain role. You have a natural attention to detail, great communication skills and a background working with ERP software.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Experience in a supply chain role
• Experience in a manufacturing supply chain planning environment, or experience working in biological or pharmaceutical manufacturing with a solid understanding of planning issues
• Experience using supply chain planning aspects of ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle
• Solid experience with Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
• Proven ability to build effective relationships across all levels and functions in an organisation
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and present findings and recommendations
• Experience meeting tight deadlines, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking to achieve results
• Ability to creatively solve challenging problems
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences. Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
If you feel you have the necessary skills to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies please.
- Capacity Planning
- Supply Chain