Due to continuous growth I am once again working with one of my most trusted and reputable clients within the Sheffield area. In this role you will be responsible for supporting production by planning and managing a portfolio of over 1000 materials and components from suppliers based in the UK and Far East.
If successful you will be joining one of the most recognisable, and dynamic companies which Sheffield has to offer, a global manufacturer who continue to innovate and lead the market. After recently going through an expansion due to new product introduction they now look to recruit a number of skilled professionals to support growth.
As the Materials Planner / Buyer you will be responsible for the following.
- Utilising the MRP system to identify & order appropriate direct materials allowing for lead time, and safety.
- Develop & maintain supplier relationships to ensure optimum communication of delays & expediting of materials.
- Close liaison with suppliers, customers & European procurement team.
- Identify potential new suppliers & cost saving opportunities.
- Meet & maintain inventory turns targets to flex inventory to volume processed.
- Maintain stock accuracy through routine scheduled cycle count activity & updates MRP accordingly.
- Maintain departmental KPIs related to availability, cost & accuracy of stock.
- Support & meet site schedule attainment through close communication with the planning department.
- Working closely with value streams to develop & maintain material replenishment systems, flow improvements and visual ordering triggers.
- Attend regular meetings in relation to new product introduction and material specification changes to follow up with suppliers and ensure changes are applied in line with company procedures.
- Actively update and maintain master data
- Generate & update daily/weekly reporting & identify trends requiring action.
To be considered for the role you must have a good understanding of materials and a history of purchasing/planning roles within a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Ideally the successful candidate will have some of the below key skills and qualities.
MRP/SAP systems use
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including phone & e-mail.
- Analytic approach to identifying areas for improvement.
- Experience expediting material through multiple channels from global suppliers.
- High level of IT Literacy & competent in the use of spreadsheets
- Previous experience in similar position within a continuous improvement environment
- Able to build strong relationships between internal stakeholders
- Far East sourcing experience
- Degree educated
£25,000 - £30,000
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job