If you are an experienced Materials Manager who is looking to work in Derbyshire, around (Burnaston) then this role may be of interest to you. A key part to this role will be driving improvements into the materials planning function while also looking at the entire supply chain and logistics functions within the manufacturing and production business unit.
SAP knowledge is essential.
If you are looking at joining a global manufacturer where you can see the products, you work hard to make, all over the world then this could be an opportunity for you. They are based near Burnaston in Derbyshire.
The key responsibilities for the Materials Manager role are to:
- Control Annual & Monthly manufacturing and production plans.
- Publish & manage the meeting of inventory forecast and targets.
- Management of the Department resources to achieve strategic objectives as well as routine activities.
- Manage 3rd party logistics services & drive Continuous Improvement
- Maintain & improve Business KPI's relating to the Materials Department.
- Manage annual budgets for Materials Department.
- Ensure company safety policy is adhered to in all areas of logistics.
- Ensure appropriate processes and systems are implemented to effectively manage the routine materials planning and logistical functions.
- Manage material planning/expediting team covering an extensive worldwide supplier base.
- Implementation of perpetual inventory and bar coding systems.
- Strategic future planning of parts, suppliers and supplier development
- Drive and promote continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for both works and staff appraisals along with their welfare.
The successful Materials Manager must have:
- A proven track record in materials management within a manufacturing environment, often working under extreme pressure, strict time constraints and loves achieving results.
- Excellent working knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Kaizen, JIT and sequence supply techniques.
- Has the ability to communicate at all levels and is PC literate.
- Proven SAP experience and knowledge is essential.
- Experienced in determining, managing and allocating budgets and capital expenditures.
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis skills
- Management of training and development of both works and staff personnel.
- The ability to further strengthen relationships with our nominated logistics partner and identify opportunities to deliver future savings.
In return for this you will have access/be renumerated with:
- Competitive salary - £55,000 to £60,000
- 15% Bonus (Discretionary)
- Strong Pension Scheme
- Medical insurance and Dental Care Schemes
- 33 days Holiday
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"