Location: Portchester, Hampshire
Salary: Dependant on experience
About our client:
Our client is a rapidly expanding, world leading company, specialising in the design, build and operation of autonomous boats and control systems. They build technologically advanced, innovative products to solve the problems that others can’t.
Their success is due to the people they employ – if you’re smart, adaptable, highly productive, a team player and relish the challenge that comes with solving difficult problems then our client is for you.
Their UK offices, manufacturing site and testing facilities are all based just outside Portsmouth, Hampshire.
About the Materials Manager:
The Materials Manager will be directly responsible for coordinating and managing all activities of the materials department and to provide them with a supply base of “world-class” quality and delivery capabilities at the lowest possible cost.
Our client is looking for an individual who can demonstrate a strong background in Materials & Supply Chain Management, along with driving objectives. They will also need to have a clear vision of the key elements for growing and developing a successful team.
Key Responsibilities of the Materials Manager:
- Material control, procurement and supply chain experience.
- Contract negotiation & managing targeted cost-reduction programs.
- Building strong supplier relationships and establishing strategic alliances.
- Supplier certification programs
- Risk Management
- Experience implementing the appropriate tools, methodologies and processes to maximise productivity and efficiency.
- Expediting and Stock level management
- Overseeing Stores within a fast paced Engineering environment
- Experience of working closely with Quality Management team.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Materials Manager role then please apply now!