BMI Kings Oak and Cavell Hospitals in Enfield is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Materials Lead to join their team of staff in the Materials department.
This is a PART time role for 22.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. This role is a Job share.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Proficient user of MS Excel and Outlook
- Effective leader with the ability to motivate and empower within the team
- Quick thinker
- Team player
- Communication skills
- Stakeholder management
- Supply chain
- Financially aware
- Developing, training and mentoring staff
- Capable in using computers and computer software generally
Duties of this role include:
- The Materials Lead will contribute to the Hospital’s success by providing leadership and direction on all materials, services and purchasing related activity across the relevant site(s).
- This role will ensure all aspects of the materials service as defined by the Procurement & Supply Chain Committee are realised through the continuous improvement of purchasing, stock management services, compliant processes and education of key stakeholders within the hospital with regards to supplies and inventory management.
- The Materials Lead will be responsible for developing the role of the Materials Team including maximising the effectiveness of the resource.
- They will work closely with the hospitals Heads of Department (HODs), Central Procurement & Supply Chain, Finance and their corporate colleagues to achieve the best service, value and quality of product made available at the right time.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job