An innovative agro-energy business, based near Stratford upon Avon, is looking for a number of Product Handling Technicians, for its new processing plant.
This plant will be one of the most energy efficient producers in the UK, it is a state-of-the-art plant, generating heat and power for the process from UK forestry residues and off-cuts, and as such contributes to a greener and more sustainable environment for the UK.
Reporting to the Group Chief Engineer, the position will be responsible for the daily material handling, product loading and movements for the CHP (Combined Heat and Power) Plant and Crushing and Refining Plant at the facility.
Those including but not limited to;
- Wood residues and arbs as supply to the Biomass Power Plant.
- Finished Edible Oils in Bulk or Packaged form.
- Animal Feed in bulk form.
- Waste and By-Products, such as ash, spent clay, soaps, etc.
- Bulk Chemicals and Packaging Materials.
The position is seen as being a Multi-Skilled Technicians role, requiring operation of various loading equipment (forklifts, front end loaders and telehandlers) and at multiple works stations across the site (Oil Loading Bays, Animal Feed Flat Stores, Wood Yard, etc) as needed.
Working initially a standard 40hour Day Work Pattern, this role may develop into a 16/5 - 24/7 Shift Work arrangement if the business development calls for such.
Other duties include:-
- Simple Mobile Plant and Equipment maintenance as needed.
- Sampling and Analysis of Products being handled as needed by the business.
- Reporting and recording of product movements around the site as required by the business.
- Assistance of Maintenance and Process Technicians in the event of plant/process
- Active contributor to the Environmental, Health, Safety and Food Safety of the general site operations.
To be a successful you will need to have :
- Previous work experience in a Processing and/or Manufacturing environment in a Product Handling role.
- A recognised valid UK Driving Licence and a qualification/licence for the operation of Front End Loader and/or Forklift Telehandler. (further training will be provided by the company on any missing Mobile Equipment certification, work continuation dependent upon successful licensing).
- Minimum 2 High School O Levels C- Grade, at least 1 in either Maths or Physics/Chemistry or equivalent.
- Ability to perform in challenging production environment and sufficiently self-motivated to bring value to the business.
- Fully permitted to work in the UK without restriction.
- Good English language skills and understanding as a minimum.
- Physically healthy and capable of working in a production site environment involving stairs, rung ladders and some high level work areas.
- "Safe by Nature" and demonstrated low/free accident work history.
- Ideally some previous work experience in Food Processing/Packaging business and understanding of the Food Safety/HACCP systems needed in such an operation.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a small team.
- Good communications skills.
- Open, Honest and Trustworthy by nature.
If you would like to apply please for this role, please email a copy of your CV to Kate Evans quoting reference number GP121, ideally with a covering letter.
- Materials Management
- product handler