On behalf of our leading petrochem organisation, we are recruiting for a skilled materials coordinator. This role is a new role and due to expansion and increase in workload is targeted at a high achieving materials specialist.
The business leads their field and has links to global PLC businesses. This opportunity is unrivalled in the market currently.
The main duties include but are not exhaustive of:
- Deliver an effective and efficient stores service to support the business.
- Coordinate and offload all goods inwards deliveries safely.
- Check the delivery quantities, quality and resolve any discrepancies.
- All goods receipts to be accurately input into correct ERP system on a daily basis.
- Set up and manage material storage locations, ensure all stock is rotated, materials are within stated shelf life and are suitable for use.
- Responsible for efficient goods issue processes to all business groups, have the ability to identify and implement improvements and are willing to work effectively with the purchasing department in order to deliver improvements.
- Complete all routine stock checks and issue reports as required to agreed schedule.
- Pick, bag and tag materials required for all Mini and Midi Events in a timely manner and set up and resource the stores, pre, during and post event.
- Ensure all materials are removed from the event storage area post event.
- Minimise waste and over ordering at all times.
- To demonstrate the ability to work as a team, covering other team members during holiday and short term leave/sickness.
To be successful in your application you will be able to deliver the following:
- It is therefore essential that the job holder has a thorough understanding and knowledge of supply chain systems and processes.
- The job holder will have the ability to enforce compliance to systems and procedures, whilst maintaining good working relations with all work groups, suppliers and customers.
- The execution phase of a Mini/Midi overhaul is a highly intensive period of work. It is therefore a requirement that the job holder has a flexible approach to work as working hours in excess of contractual hours are often required during certain periods.
- The job holder will be expected to meet these needs whilst also complying with working time. Holidays and leave are to be requested, avoiding any planned Mini and Midi event execution phases.
- The role requires interaction with a wide range of internal and external personnel at varying levels within the organisation. The role holder must be able to demonstrate that they have the ability to communicate effectively with all of these groups.
- An experienced Stores person, with experience of a variety of stores systems and processes.
- A good standard of education to GCSE as a minimum or relevant NVQ in stores management and administration.
- To have (or have previously held) a fork lift truck licence.
- A minimum of 2 years Stores experience, working within a stores environment preferably on chemical plants.
- SAP warehouse experience desirable
In return my client is offering a competitive package, training and development and the opportunity to build a career within a market leader.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'