Here at SC Johnson Professional we have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Controller to join our team based in Denby. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a salary of up to £26,000 per annum.
SC Johnson Professional™ is a leading manufacturer of Industrial and Institutional (I&I) cleaning and skin care products. Our purpose is to invent new products and solutions that create efficiencies, reduce inventories, simplify training, and create a positive cleaning experience for users of our products and the spaces in which our products are used.
As Materials Controller reporting to the Materials Manager you will support the business objectives by creating purchase plans that enable the department to meet sales, inventory and customer service targets. You will ensure control, accuracy and maintenance of master files and stock data. You will create and expedite purchase orders and drive maximum supplier performance and lowest cost.
Key responsibilities of our Materials Controller:
- Executing supplier performance, inventory and cost down plans to achieve optimum supply chain performance, ensuring product availability to support customer service to both external and internal customers
- Implement best practice methods and identify improvement areas
- Work closely with the operational, commercial and R&D teams and cross functionally across the wider business and Group as a whole, interfacing with key stakeholders
- Manage materials in accordance with internal planning cycle needs and external customer needs by checking stocks, raising purchase orders, daily checking for potential shortages/overdue items whilst adhering to and coordinating inbound scheduling requirements and planning rules
- Create and administer daily goods in delivery schedule, liaising with our third party logistics provider daily to resolve any issues
- Log and administer KPI data for the purchasing team
- Administrate monthly vendor rating results and distribute them to suppliers
- Carry out weekly bucket reporting on materials availability and liaising with Planning Team and appropriate departments over availability of purchased items
- Ensure data for driving Supplier performance model/vendor rating is accurate to allow continuous improvement against targets and objectives
- Maintain and develop appropriate supplier relationships alongside the purchasing and quality teams, particularly with nominated partnership suppliers
What we’re looking for in our Materials Controller:
- Good commercial awareness and understanding
- Experience of new and existing product development processes
- Experience of managing supplier and supplier relationship management
- Working knowledge of quality assurance systems and processes
- Good literacy
- Good written and spoken English
- Good numerical ability with at least GSCE or equivalent level math qualifications
- Good level of IT capability Including, but not limited to, Sage, SAP,Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
If you feel you have what it takes to become our Materials Controller then please click ‘apply’ now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'