Materials Controller / Material Scheduler, Salary: £25k, Based: Cannock
We have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Controller to work for a global and leading Modular Building / Construction business. Applicants should ideally have previous experience of working in a supply chain / purchasing role as a Materials Controller / Materials Scheduler / Materials Planner or similar. Experience in a construction, manufacturing or engineering environment would be preferable. The ideal candidate will be educated to ONC / HNC or above and have the ability to progress further.
Materials Controller / Materials Scheduler:
- To ensure goods and contractors are available on time to enable timely completion of construction projects in the factory.
- Place purchase orders on suppliers, contractors and labour agencies for supply of goods and services.
- Ensure goods and services are purchased at the right quality, quantity, from the right source, at the right time and at the right price.
- Effective procurement from Bills of Materials.
- Use of Navision ERP system for PO raising, receipting and stock control.
- Controlling stock and order level of standard [regular/runners] materials using MAX/MIN methods.
- Foreword ordering longer lead time items from the production program and forecasts.
- Ensure that all supply chain risks are identified and resolved/mitigated.
- Obtain costs from fit out contractors for modular projects.
- Close liaison with the operation team and working knowledge of live project requirement and deadlines.
- Ensure key contracts and materials orders are placed within cost as stated on factory transfer value.
- Produce cost report for each contract – Actual spend v budget.
- Manage cost for facility and plant repairs.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and especially those relating to the procurement function, including No PO, No Work.
- Support any queries arising from Accounts.
- Expedite due PO’s Process supplier NCR’s seek robust solutions to issues that arise.
- Provide support to other functions as required – e.g materials transfers to other functions.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job