Job Title: Materials Co-ordinator
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly experienced team of people and company.
To co-ordinate the timely and cost effective movement of all materials, Spellman products, and support services to the point of need; ensuring that Company performance targets are achieved. The job will involve the receiving of goods, kitting, cell replenishment and location of common parts. The job is also highly focussed in respect of environmental and lean considerations associated within the warehouse domain.
- Receive, check and book in materials and enter onto the computer system.
- Unload/load delivery vehicles using the company Fork Lift Truck as required.
- Assist the Materials Team Leader in ensuring departmental KPI objectives are achieved with the intention of developing and sustaining the 5-S programme.
- Assist with daily cycle counts as instructed, accurately with great attention to detail.
- Preparation of kitted parts for manufacture, which is accurate, completed on time and recorded against the computer system.
- Issue manufacturing orders on a daily basis.
- To be fully conversant with FIFO for all materials to cells (point of need) as required.
- Issue of unplanned requirements using the requisition and NCR system.
- Ensure stock is stored appropriately, labelled accurately, and is secure and tidy at all times and contribute to stock minimisation tasks.
- Maintain the internal K-Bin replenishment systems for all cells and consumable racks on a daily basis
- Control correct disposal of all unrequited material in accordance with COSHH/ISO14001 Regulations including recycling of all incoming packaging materials.
- Keeping informed and support EMS and improvement team activities and ISO9001 - quality and ISO14001 - environmental requirements. Commit to achieving the Company business, quality and environmental objectives and policies.
- Good numeracy and literacy including computer literate with previous material handling experience.
- Strong interpersonal and written skills.
- A problem solver with the ability to seek alternative solutions.
- Competent user of MS Office particularly Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of JIT and KANBAN driven processes.
- Hands on approach with a strong attention to details with excellent follow up skills.
- Team player skills with the proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
ACS are recruiting for a Materials Co-ordinator If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Materials Co-ordinator please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Materials Co-ordinator It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Materials Co-ordinator with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Materials Co-ordinator role you desire.
- "electrons" "JIT" "KANBAN" "Solver" "attention to detail" "excel" "outlook" "MS" "Material handling"