BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Materials Assistant to join their team of staff in the Materials department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of GSCE/O level Mathematics and English or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Capable in using computers and computer software generally Hospital environment/healthcare
- Team player
- Communicates well with colleagues
Duties of this role include:
- To be an active member of the Materials Department, involved in the day to day running of the department, providing an effective and high quality materials management service to all internal customers and ensuring that the overall objectives and KPIs of the Materials Department are achieved.
- To contribute to the effective management of hospital stock within the hospital, in order to facilitate an efficient supply of consumables to all departments.
- Comply with standardisation purchasing compliance in line with corporate and local guidance.
- To deputise for the Materials Manager/Lead as and when required
- Timely clearance of invoice and credit queries passed from BBS, whether via email or rejections including processing of service receipt forms
- Management of all returns to suppliers
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job