Our client, a leading London based private health clinic, is looking to appoint a Materials Assistant to join their Procurement and Materials Team. This is an excellent opportunity working for a leading healthcare organisation who offers a highly competitive rewards and benefits package.
The successful applicant will share responsibility for the receipt, management and organisation of the operating department's instruments, helping to ensure smooth, timely and efficient processes and procedures are maintained within a safe environment. You will also assist in managing the supply of goods and services.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Streamlining the availability of instruments/equipment for theatre operations and procedures
- To check each item received from an incoming delivery against the delivery note to ensure that the item is correct, the quantity received is correct and that the item is not damaged and to sign to that effect
- Liaise with theatre staff and consultants to ensure both correct instruments and equipment are available when required for surgical interventions
- Assist departments in inventory management of stock and non-stock items, cost of supplies and stock levels
- Ordering goods and services requested by surgical staff
To be considered for the role you must have the following:
- Inventory management experience from a healthcare setting (NHS or private)
- Experience of using a computerised stock control and ordering system
- Excellent communication skills
If this describes you and you wish to expand your skill set to further your development please contact Robert Waugh or Joe Olenka on , and send your updated CV to: or