BMI Beardwood Hospital in Blackburn is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Materials Assistant to join their team of staff in the Materials department.
This is a Part time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of GSCE/O level Mathematics and English or equivalent
- Experience of dealing with Theatre goods but full training will be provided.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Capable in using computers and computer software generally
- Able to work on own initiative without close supervision
- Able to prioritise workload
- Customer service skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Duties of this role include:
- Ensure stock availability through the correct order processing and replenishing of pre-approved stock and products for central stores or on behalf of hospital departments
- Carry out departmental top ups to departments and wards on an agreed frequency as and when required
- Provide a Theatre Pick to Case Service
- Ensure that purchases orders are monitored and advanced accordingly.
- All deliveries are checked and receipted in accordance with the hospital policy, are put away or delivered to the correct department. Immediate follow up of delivery discrepancies
- Maintain all departmental paperwork and files in good order with particular reference to accuracy, appropriateness and availability
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.