Materials Assistant Bank
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Park Hospital in Nottingham has a vacancy for a Materials Assistant to join their team of staff in the Materials department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- People skills
- Customer service
- Team player
- Communicates well with colleagues
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Capable in using computers and computer software generally
- Able to work on own initiative without close supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to undertake lifting duties as required
Duties of this role include:
- To be an active member of the Materials Department, involved in the day to day running of the department, providing an effective and high quality materials management service to all internal customers and ensuring that the overall objectives and KPIs of the Materials Department are achieved.
- To contribute to the effective management of hospital stock within the hospital, in order to facilitate an efficient supply of consumables to all departments.
- Ensure stock availability through the correct order processing and replenishing of pre-approved stock and products for central stores or on behalf of hospital departments
- Carry out departmental top ups to departments and wards on an agreed frequency as and when required
- Provide a Theatre Pick to Case Service
- Ensure that purchases orders are monitored and advanced accordingly.
- All deliveries are checked and receipted in accordance with the hospital policy, are put away or delivered to the correct department. Immediate follow up of delivery discrepancies
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'