BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Fernbrae Hospital in Dundee has a vacancy for a Materials Assistant to join their team of staff.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of GSCE/O level Mathematics and English or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Capable in using computers and computer software generally
- Able to work on own initiative without close supervision
- Sense of urgency
- Team player
- Communicates well with colleagues
- People skills
- Customer service
Duties of this role include:
- To be an active member of the Materials Department, involved in the day to day running of the department, providing an effective and high quality materials management service to all internal customers and ensuring that the overall objectives and KPIs of the Materials Department are achieved.
- To contribute to the effective management of hospital stock within the hospital, in order to facilitate an efficient supply of consumables to all departments.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.