Material Safety Assistant
Material Safety Assistant
Location: Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Salary: c£25k - £30k plus benefits, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Prince Minerals Limited, part of Prince International Corporation, is a highly successful business with manufacturing operations in the UK, Mainland Europe, Africa, China and The Americas. The company specialises in the field of industrial minerals and speciality chemicals. Its value added products are supplied to a wide spectrum of industrial markets including but not limited to Refractory, Foundry, Steel, Surface Coatings, Glass, Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Construction, Agriculture and Water Treatment.
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Material Safety Assistant, reporting to the Material Safety Manager to provide support to UK, European, USA and Asia Pacific operations.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Creation of safety data sheets for new and existing products and laboratory samples in accordance with EU REACH legislation and other GHS jurisdictions, using SDS authoring software (Lisam ExEss)
- Data input, making changes to, and the creation, of new products in Prince’s ERP system (training to be provided)
- Working with the Material Safety Manager to ensure up to date SDSs are posted and maintained on the Prince Corporation web platform
- Assisting the Material Safety Manager in the implementation of REACH lead registrant responsibilities
- Working with the Material Safety Manager to conduct site CLP audits
- Preparation of compliance declarations for customers (REACH, TSCA, Food contact, 3TG, ROHS, Korean LOCs, etc.)
- Liaising with the Technical and R&D teams relating to all the above
- Ad-hoc project work, and external meeting attendances as designated by the Material Safety Manager
The following skills sets are required:
- Experience in the authoring of compliant safety data sheets
- Knowledge of chemical legislation in the EU with knowledge of other jurisdictions being advantageous
- Some knowledge of chemistry or material sciences
- IT literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Capable of managing competing priorities and working to often tight deadlines
- Setting up of new products within an ERP system
- Be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in regulatory compliance and its implementation
- Some knowledge of Dangerous Goods transportation would be advantageous
To succeed in this role the ideal candidate must be well-organised, pay excellent attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate good written and verbal skills with a willingness to learn new skills and embrace tasks outside of their comfort zone.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Material Safety
- Chemical Legislation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"