Material Planning Lead required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business based in Coventry.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity where you can make a real difference to the success of a business? Do you have a background strategically controlling, coordinating and planning materials into production? Have you got a experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing / production environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will play a key role in leading the expediting and planning team to ensure the right material arrives at the point of fit at the right time. As the product leader you will introduce measures and controls to reduce inventory levels and ensure no obsolete stock when introducing engineering changes. You lead a dedicated, motivated and successful team which offers a dynamic working environment supporting major projects both internally and externally.
- Develop and implement production build plan which supports annual sales plan.
- Ensure that machines are launched into build on a daily basis in support of customer sold machines, endeavouring where possible to hold build plan firm
- Liaise between Sales & Marketing (Sales Admin) and manufacturing with regard to all aspects that influence the build plan with focus on the customer.
- Develop and implement inventory improvement policies which support right first time build whilst at the same time controlling level of inventory, i.e. sequencing/improved packaging/Kanbans etc.
- Expedite material to support build plan, using line load/schedule/spreadsheets etc.
- Review build situation on a weekly basis, adjusting and communicating changes as necessary and ensuring that exception messages are actioned and schedules issued to supply base on a weekly basis.
- Support logistics manager in developing and implementing Supplier/expeditor/team performance measures.
- Escalation point for all Expeditors
- Present Daily risks at Tier 2 Meetings
- Present KPI's and clean off line to Senior Management
- Support Supplier development visits and OTIF Targets
- Conduct mid and year end calibration reviews
- Support team with overdue orders and invoices
- Support and create reports for other Line Manager when required
- Minimum of HND of equivalent
- Extensive and proven experience in a Material control role
- Good understanding of MRP and other material planning systems
- Project management skills, including the ability to produce and work to timing plans
- Understanding of modern material control processes
- Knowledge of Oracle based management system preferred but not essential as training will be given
- Well organised, and have excellent communication skills
- You will have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with people at all levels.
- Be able to take responsibility for resolution of issues
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and externally
- Be self motivated and results oriented
- Possess good analytical stills and have the ability to think creatively
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Be able to work under pressure and to time constraints, and use own initiative to solve problems
- Possess a full clean driving licence
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.