A Material Control Specialist is required to work for a global supplier of world class engines with a leading aftermarket parts.
The position is an initial 10 month contract role based in Manchester and offering an hourly rates of pay are negotiable depending upon experience.
- Supporting process changes
- Managing schedules and expectations
- Interact and manage key relationships with a network of worldwide suppliers, monitoring their performance and identifying improvements
- Delivery of KPI's such as: Fill, Inventory, Backorder Value, Promise Coverage,Promise Quality, and Aged Backorders etc for your assigned suppliers
- Ensure procedures are adhered to, to ensure ISO9000 accreditation
- Create and deliver action plans to improve service and metrics
- Providing quality delivery information to support in excess of 1000 global distributors and dealers in the aftermarket dept
Key skills and experiences:
- Good level of Supply Chain Control Planning experience gained within either a Third Party
- Logistics (3PL) Operation, Client Side Warehousing and Fulfilment Distribution Centre, or within a manufacturing
- Strong analytical skills required, applicants must be comfortable in a data driven environment.
- self-motivated and possess interpersonal skills to manage supplier reviews
- Inventory Management experience and relevant systems are desired
- must be able to live and commute into the Manchester area, you may also be required to travel - up to 10%.
- Excellent PC skills in: MS Excel (VBA), MS PowerPoint and MS Word are desired
- Needs to be comfortable and effective working in a fast paced environment
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
If you are interested in the above role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job