ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy.
ScottishPower Renewables is at the forefront of the development of the renewables industry through pioneering ideas, forward thinking and outstanding innovation. Our ambitious growth plans include offshore windfarms in East Anglia with our team leading the Group's international offshore development. With over 40 operational windfarms, we manage all of our sites through our world leading Control Centre at Whitelee Windfarm., near Glasgow.
At ScottishPower Renewables, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
Reporting directly to the Service & Maintenance Manager within ScottishPower Renewables (SPR) O&M, you will be responsible for coordinating the strategy implementation along with the resources, systems and parts logistical activities of the Planning & Logistics Team.
In this role you will ensure successful sustainable delivery of core aspects of windfarm planning and logistics activities, including maintenance planning systems, materials management, task support and parts and materials logistics management, across the SPR Onshore Operational Asset Portfolio. You will also ensure that site performance and resulting EBITDA is maximised in line with business targets and strategic objectives.
- Provide specific input to support development and coordination of SPRs contract strategy across the UK Onshore portfolio. Including ongoing diversification from Original Equipment Manufacturers contracted Turbine Maintenance and driving cost optimisation.
- Manage internal procurement processes in line with business requirements, including specification of contract tenders and assessment of tender submissions related to parts & materials.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a suite of planning and logistics related procedures in support of the Planning and Logistics team and SPR Onshore portfolio wide activities.
- Centrally manage Maintenance Planning across the UK Onshore operational portfolio through implementation in SAP of Preventative Maintenance Plans as directed by the O&M dept.
- Responsible for supporting input of OPEX and CAPEX budget requirements in support of ongoing cost control associated with predictive maintenance, warehousing and maintenance related parts and materials held in stock, for all operational assets where these services are not included within the scope of external contract arrangements to support potential further diversification of these activities from the S&M suppliers.
- Support continual improvement through the implementation of changes to internal and external planning and logistical related processes and activities in order to optimise operational performance and ensure compliance.
- Input to the development, implementation and ongoing execution of a materials and logistics management strategy in support of wind turbine contract diversification, including defining warehousing and logistics requirements to generate ongoing asset performance improvement and cost reductions in order to meet Renewables Business targets.
- Coordinate formal technical training (SAP based) and ongoing support and specialised advice to the wider O&M dept in matters relating to planning and logistics processes and activities.
- Responsible for reporting on an ongoing basis, planning and logistics related KPIs as defined within the SPR ISO:9001 Integrated Management System and delivering strategic innovative solutions to drive ongoing KPI improvements.
Skills and Requirements
- Demonstrable experience in materials forecasting within an Operations & Maintenance environment, including an understanding of parts seasonality & machine age related materials consumption. (Forecasting material requirements in support of fleet and translating that to an executable materials requirement plan in SAP).
- Ability to analyse and adjust demand forecasts to increase forecast accuracy
- Ability to plan and maintain appropriate stock levels at the main warehouse and local wind farm warehouses
- Be able to deliver product life cycle planning for new releases and end-of-life materials
- Good working knowledge of the materials procurement processes to include management of framework contracts specific to material supply.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a technically complex environment.
- Ability to think strategically to ensure technical guidance supports immediate and long term strategic objectives
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing working environment and demonstrate a positive approach to change and install this quality in others
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and expert knowledge of SAP for Logistics processes & transactions.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'