Purpose of Job To manage the receipt of customer schedules, plan, issue and expedite orders with the supply base and then produce and monitor production build plans to ensure a 100% success rate against both internal production and external customer delivery requirements. To achieve the above whilst optimising inventory and maintaining service levels and KPI’s in line with Company objectives. Duties
• Review and import customer forecasts into the ERP system. • Review capacity planning levels and produce and communicate the manufacturing build plan.
• Establish material requirements and communicate to the supply base on a weekly basis. • Expedite all materials to ensure a timely supply into production.
• Resolve all production build, capacity or supply issues and escalate to the Plant Manager as necessary. • Manage and optimise transport requirements to minimise costs whilst maintaining timely supply and inventory targets.
• Co-ordinate data input and maintain company systems to ensure accurate data at all times.
• Represent the department at daily production meetings to review recent performance and discuss issues.
• Management of OTIF customer delivery performance and supplier delivery performance.
• Produce and report on required KPI’s in line with Company objectives / targets.
• Carry out all duties in compliance with Company Health & Safety procedures and policies.
• Any other tasks as required by the Plant Manager. Key Performance Indicators
• Maintain OTIF customer delivery performance
• Maintain OTIF supplier delivery performance target (weekly).
• Maintain accurate stock levels within pre-determined parameters.
• Maintain accurate records on the Premium Freight log ensuring IMKA transport costs are minimised Skills and Experience
• To have an excellent working knowledge of MRP systems and Microsoft Excel - essential.
• Previous experience in a similar role - essential
• To be able to analyse problems and produce robust solutions - essential.
• Good communication skills at all levels - essential.
• Ability to think on one’s feet- essential
• Maintain a professional and diligent approach at all times when dealing with Customers/Suppliers - essential.
• Organised and methodical - essential.
• Automotive industry experience - essential
FRS strives to be an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to treating all applicants alike. FRS does not treat any individual on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union, less favourably than others. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job