£26k - £28k per annum
The successful candidate will be required to provide a world-class process in controlling material flow and stock.
- Plan and place material purchase orders to ensure that material flow to the plant is in line with the customer demand/company plan (MPS/MRP).
- Expedite orders and improve supplier delivery performance
- Ensure stability of supply and be active in driving supplier quality
- Control the process of non-conforming product (goods returns / rework, scrap, etc)
- Create works orders in Manufacturing systems.
- Control the use of Consignment stock and other order systems as required.
- Purchasing of indirect items as requested.
- Assist in the development of key performance indicators, targets and measures.
- Support and encourage business improvement projects as a leader or member as required.
- Ensure continual improvement of housekeeping standards
- Ensure safe working practices are understood, implemented and maintained.
- Cover absence for other team members as required
- Perform all other reasonable duties as required
- Communicate effectively with suppliers and all company personnel
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, foundries & subcontract machining.
- General understanding of stock turns versus cash flow.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Logical and methodical in approach.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good level of computer literacy with SAP experience
- Flexible and positive (can do) attitude.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.