In order to strengthen the team on the Cambridgeshire site, this global chemicals company with a focus on Manufacturing and Production are seeking to add a Material Planner and Expeditor to their ranks. The successful candidate will be responsible for the procurement of raw materials in order to meet the production plan and inventory targets.
My client for this piece of recruitment is the Cambridgeshire site of a leading global chemical solutions provider with an exceptional and long heritage of pioneering technologically advanced solutions for its customers. Being a global, blue chip entity, the Material Planner and Expeditor will benefit from exceptional job security, developmental potential and a very strong salary and package.
Stock Procurement -
- Propose new procurement strategy or/and ordering pattern to improve raw material availability and optimise working capital.
- Monitor raw materials and bulk tank inventory to optimise working capital
- Work in close collaboration with the Planner and Schedulers to optimise timing of requisitions to meet production plan and inventory targets
- Work in close collaboration with the Purchasing Hub to follow up on raw materials deliveries
- Raise purchase requisitions to order raw materials and bulk tank stocks based on the production planning needs
- Organise the tolling work flow from the plant to the toll manufacturer
- Monitor tolling progress and ensure delivery on time
Knowledge & experience required:
- Degree qualification in business or supply chain, or equivalent experience
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of procurement and inventory control practices and methodologies
- Computer Literacy with a high proficiency in major IT tools (MS Office)
- Excellent organisational skills, motivated and self disciplined
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal along with strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented
- High focus on data and metrics, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding of manufacturing environment and achieving continuous improvement to processes
The Material Planner and Expeditor role pays an exceptional salary and package for a role at this level.