Material Handling Manager
Full Time - Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity for a competent Material Handling Manager/Senior Supervisor to join a tier 1 automotive manufacturing company. Due to continued workload, there is a need for an experienced Material Handling Manager/Senior Supervisor with a proven track record in delivering results.
Key Points: You will be the key point of contact, and will be responsible for all material handling matters throughout a large manufacturing site including warehousing, distribution, consumption and disposal.
- Production strategies, stock targets and support activities
- Manage a team of Team Leaders and Material Handling staff
- Plan and monitor material movement
- Plan equipment, material and manpower requirements
- Communicate production updates to Managers and customers
- Perform inventory management
- Monitor inventory status
- Generate reports on production shortages
- Address customer queries and concerns
- Frequent customer communication
Key Areas required:
- Previous Management experience
- Strong knowledge of 5S methodology
- Work on your own initiative with a clear focus on quality
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Flexible to challenges and possible changes
- Good IT skills and flexible with new systems
Who we're looking for:
The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar position within the automotive manufacturing sector - willing to roll your sleeves up & be hands on & flexible to work needs of the business as production runs 24/7.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job