This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of ambitions personnel who are acting as an employment agency.
This is a temporary - permanent opportunity; working for a well-established business based in Grantham. Our client is currently the largest independent supplier in their field and supply exclusively to manufacturers.The company employs around 160 people and is situated in the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside so you would need a car to get there.
Due to the growth of the business we are now looking for someone who can assist the Purchasing Manager.
This company is offering ongoing development and progression but due to the nature of the business please note the working environment is of an industrial capacity and at times you may be required to wear safety boots when walking around the site.
Working Monday – Friday, 8am-4.30pm with an early finish on Fridays.
- Regular liaison with suppliers / customers to ensure that product is delivered on time to support production requirements.
- Maintaining and reviewing stock levels to achieve maximum stock turnover, and target levels at a minimum organisation cost.
- Monitoring usage patterns taking into account production fluctuations to ensure that accurate forecasting can be achieved.
- Identify current and future requirements through utilizing MRP so that forecast schedules can be formulated and issued to suppliers.
- Monitor the level of availability of all stocks with a view to eliminating line stoppages by using advanced planning methods.
- Ensure stock control decisions regarding deliveries are compatible with usage requirement, minimum order quantities and commercial guidelines.
- Investigate invoice queries, (as requested), relating to material and ensure a satisfactory resolution to both parties.
- Maintenance and creation of bills of material for quotation and to enable forward material requirements to be established via kitting lists/MRP or other means as appropriate.
- Look at initiatives to reduce levels of slow moving/obsolete stock and also methods of avoidance.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience of working as part of a Purchasing / Supply chain and Buying team
- Good communication skills
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Free on site car parking
- Ongoing development and training
- 28 days holiday
- Monday – Friday
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'