£7.83 Start Rate
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
12 weeks ongoing temporary position
Our Client is a nationally well-known company that is built on foundations of British family values, ideals and ethics. Our Client are the UK's leading independent supplier of lift products supplying goods as diverse as loading systems, Microlifts, platform lifts, homelifts and stairlifts.
The ideal candidate will be working with the stairlift department and it is the responsibility of the Material Control teams to ensure component parts are available for projects scheduled onto the assembly section and at time of delivery to site. The Material Control team also need to ensure materials are effectively valued, stored and controlled to capture materials.
- To work safely and follow current safe systems of work within the Main Stores, Warehouse and external Yard areas using mechanical aids were needed.
- To be proactive in auditing and checking stock locations to help ensure parts are available to pick on a weekly basis
- To book in material receipts at time of delivery ensuring internal inventory availability reports are up to date
- To work closely with Purchasing and Account Managers to resolve any inventory related issues
- To carry out quarterly stock counts and review inventory accuracy reports
- To ship additional deliveries and spares sales orders via external couriers on a daily basis
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Preferably experience working within the material control industry
- Preferably an understanding of KBM / Mainframe Purchase order systems
- Management of Warranty materials systems and non-conforming products
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Calm and effective when under pressure
Please Note: Active Staff are acting as Recruitment Agency for the client. Also, that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Please Note: Due to a high volume of applications, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job