My client is a large heavy engineering business based on the outskirts of Sheffield. As Master Production Scheduler you will provide a company-wide manufacturing plan to enable accurate forecasting of sales turnover, delivery schedules and load and capacity models. To drive and promote an integrated, operationally lead, view to sales and marketing to best utilise remaining capacity of business resources.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
- Work with departmental planning and production management to coordinate and lead the overall planning function for establishment of component lead times, product life cycles and production capacity.
- Identify and implement system and process changes within the supply chain to improve overall business efficiency
- Further develop forecasting tools and procedures through innovative ideas and projects.
- Improvements in OTIF shipment and manufacturing schedule compliance.
- Assist in implementation of ERP and master scheduling module.
- Reduce WIP and aid in the improvement of OEE.
- Develop, maintain and communicate KPI data and report upon exceptions.
- Assist estimators and sales teams in delivery date estimations for prospective order intake.
- Promote use of shop floor schedules in the form of work to lists to offer guidance on priority and sequencing of work.
- Provide prompt and accurate detail to projects team and customer base.
- Effective use of shop floor data collection via the Mestec system.
- Upkeep and enhancement of Orchestrate planning and scheduling tool.
- Analysis of standard costs against actual performance to enhance schedule accuracy.
- Assist in the resolution of ERP and planning discrepancies.
- Continuous improvement tools and techniques to be utilised to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Candidates must have:
- Continuous improvement/Lean qualification
- Product development and understanding product cycles
- Ability to motivate and engage a team
- Be able to handle pressurised situations
- Supply chain/Master scheduling
- Excellent computer skills
- Problem solving skills
- Previous experience in a MPS role
- Master Schedule
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'