Master Data Specialist
Job Location: Dorchester, Dorset
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Depending on experience.
Hours: 37 hours per week
Due to growth and expansion our client is currently looking to recruit for a Master Data on a permanent basis to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a professional Engineering environment and to join a forward thinking organisation that is well renowned within their industry as market leaders of Science & Technology solutions to the MOD, Royal Navy & other corporate defence customers.
In this role you will be responsible for the creation and management of all item/product data; ensuring the coherence and quality of all released product data.
Key duties will include:
- Owning product/item data templates including product naming convention
- Creating and Maintaining Item/Product Data on ERP; liaising with other business areas as required
- Creating and Maintaining all product BoMs including the conduct of BoM cost calculation
- Creating and Maintaining Resources/Resource Groups
- Managing the coherence between Design Tool and ERP item data, including implementation of engineering changes- creating and maintaining item variant data as necessary
- Producing Item/BoM status reports as required
- Conducting impact assessment of potential engineering changes liaising with other business areas as required
- Attending Material Review Board
The successful applicant will possess:
- Experienced in the use of ERP systems.
- Flexible knowledge to help and support others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Qualifications from engineering background with sound knowledge of how a business is run.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also on your own
- Knowledge of TeamCenter and Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 would be an advantage.
- Generating part numbers/Drawing numbers
- Structuring Bills of Material
- Interrogating engineering drawings and implementing the Engineering Changes to MRP
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
- Competitive starting salary
- Company Pension + Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Excellent working environment within an established team in modern working offices
- Onsite Parking
- Onsite Gym
Location: Dorchester, this role is on the outskirts so travel times from the following are:
- From Poole, 30 minutes
- From Ferndown, 40 minutes
- From Blandford, 30 minutes
- From Sherborne, 45 minutes
- From Yeovil, 45 minutes
- From Wimborne, 35 minutes
- From Wareham, 14 minutes
For more information, please apply with a full CV and covering letter by email.
Those who have the right skills and experience, our aim is that you will hear back from us within 24 hours but due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually so If you do not hear from us within 3 days please assume that your application at this stage has not been successful. As new positions arise we will review any applications already made to us and may contact you about other suitable roles.
Resource Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure that each applicant is assessed only in accordance on the basis of their qualifications, skills and abilities to perform the relevant duties without prejudice in regards to background, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or gender.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'