Marklogic Developer - Digital Business - Java, XML, XSLT, XQuer
Length: 3-6 months
This is an urgent requirement for my client who are looking to hire 2 contractors to join his team.
Must have an excellent understanding of Marklogic.Key Competencies
- Hands on experience with MarkLogic, XML databases or transformation engines, and no-SQL database technologies
- Good knowledge of XML, XPath, XSLT, XQuery, JSON, Java/J2EE.
- Hands on experience in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience in REST web services.
- Client-focused, working independently and simultaneously across multiple projects
- Capture and documentation of customer requirements and transformation into software design specifications / user stories
- Writes structured well-documented code to deliver scalable software solutions
- Good communication, able to write clear and concise documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Team player with effective time management
- Strong problem-solvingf skills and attention to detail
- Ability to peer review and provide feedback on others work
- Consistently technically abreast of existing, new and emerging technologies to complement solutions
- Willing to be flexible with shift work.
- Assist in the creating detailed technical design documentation & estimates
- Implementing unit tests
- Develop code as per the specifications and coding standards
- Ensure all code passes unit testing with appropriate code coverage
- Assist in peer reviews of other team members code
- Provide feedback on process to refine where necessary
- Liaise with Technical Lead, Testers and any other project stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Technical support, including assisting with on-call support.
Experience in the following technologies is required:
- Experience with MarkLogic, XML databases or transformation engines, and no-SQL database technologies
- Good knowledge of XML, XPath, XSLT, XQuery, JSON, Java/ J2EE
- Experience with XQuery and XML development experience using XPath, XSLT, or XQuery
- Experience on building search applications using the search capabilities of MarkLogic
- Experience on leveraging the different indexes available in MarkLogic
- Experience with MarkLogic Content Pump (mlcp)
- Experience with developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with API development using XQuery with handling JSON, XML, RDF, geospatial data, text, and large binaries
- Experience with performance tuning of the queries
- Experience in designing and developing/ coding software components in core java, MarkLogic Xquery, API development
- Proficient in Core Java and RDBMS
- Educated to degree level or higher in Computer Science or a related technology field.
- Experienced MarkLogic developer with a history of implementing robust and high quality applications according to specification documents / user stories.
- More than 3 years' experience with MarkLogic.
- Experience of the software development lifecycle and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience of providing client facing support is an advantage.
Please send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job