Our client has been trading successfully for over 20 years across the UK and ROI. They are now looking to recruit an experienced Sales & Marketing Manager to help to grow the business by driving commercial activity to significantly increase the company's turnover and further increase their market share, whilst maintaining their excellent reputation.
The role of the Sales & Marketing Manager is a pivotal one, as the key driver of all revenue-generating activity would rest on this person's shoulders. Currently, there is a sales team of 3 who report to the MD, as well as two part-time marketing personnel, who predominantly manage the website and social media channels. This person would be responsible for running all of the company's marketing activities as well as managing these 5 individuals; motivating and setting objectives for them to achieve, in line with company goals agreed with the MD. This role is very hands-on and would suit an individual who has worked previously for a small company, or are looking for a role with plenty of responsibility, autonomy and the opportunity to make the job 'their own'. The company do not utilise external agencies for marketing or PR work and would like to keep this work 'in house', making best use of the skills and talent of the job incumbent and their teams.
Key duties will be as follows;
- Personally managing and implementing all printed advertising campaigns, including; selecting publications, negotiating rates, booking adverts, writing copy, reviewing advert performance and tracking all leads passed to the sales team.
- Manage the current marketing personnel, ensuring that they are fully aware of theirs and the company objectives.
- Creation of reports to show advertising performance vs cost (ROI).
- Creation of offers and other marketing incentives/initiatives to drive lead generation.
- Overseeing website page content, ranking performance against competitors and working with the team to continuously improve the efficiency of the website as a marketing tool, as well as the customer journey.
- Along with the Social Media Executive, oversee all social channels and ensure ROI on all paid advertising on Google, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Create email marketing campaigns to be sent regularly to members and prospect customers.
- Create postal marketing campaigns as above.
- Create opportunities for Press/PR releases by ensuring that press contacts are up to date and that news is sent to press for exposure on news channels, radio stations etc.
- Manage & motivate the internal sales team, ensuring that they are achieving their monthly/annual sales targets and are making the best of every commercial opportunity.
- Responsible for your own sales activity - meeting/talking with prospective clients, closing sales and leading by example.
- Coach sales personnel on telephone sales techniques, closing sales and building rapport/trust with prospect clients.
- Ensuring that the CRM is maintained by all staff and that each lead generated by marketing activity, is followed up to fruition by sales staff.
- Creating reports to show sales team performance to agreed targets.
- Hold regular (weekly/monthly) sales meetings with sales personnel, to ensure performance and standards are maintained.
- General HR responsibility for sales and marketing staff; holding regular appraisals/performance reviews as well as daily motivating, coaching & mentoring. You would also be responsible for hiring and training of new staff into these departments, as well as first POC for any disciplinary procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Sales & Marketing teams deliver on their annual targets, agreed with the MD.
- Working alongside the Membership team and ensuring smooth transfer of information between internal departments.
- Ensuring a high standard of administration and accuracy of reporting across both teams.
Key Skills/Experience required;
- Experienced in managing and implementing offline and online marketing campaigns to a B2C audience, press (PR) experience and excellent copy-writing skills.
- Experienced in direct sales, able to direct, coach and enable a team of telephone sales people, as well as take on some individual sales responsibility.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Educated to at least 'A' Level standard.
- A 'driver' personality who challenges those around them and sets high standards for others to follow.
- General IT (MS Office) and CRM experience.
- General administration experience with good attention to detail.
- UK driving license and own transport.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience that our client is looking for, please apply today for a fast response. Alternatively, to find out more or for an initial conversation in confidence, please contact Stuart Moore at Plus One Personnel.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'