The IKEA Vision is to create a better life for the many people – our customers, co-workers and the people who produce our products. The development of IKEA reflects a strong culture for learning. We learn from our customers and suppliers, we learn from our experiences, we learn from each other.
IKEA is a values-driven world leader in the home furnishing business with a vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. The IKEA procurement function supply a wide reaching range of products and services that help to ensure the smooth running of everyday IKEA business. Products range from shopping trolleys to marketing services and everything in between. The IKEA procurement function is a global network with more than 500 co-workers located in Älmhult, Malmö, Wiesbaden, Philadelphia and Shanghai and in most countries where IKEA operates. As part of our strategic plan for 2018 we are looking to expand the procurement team here at IKEA. We are looking at a number of key areas for future growth one being within our purchasing team as Marketing Purchaser. As a Purchaser at IKEA IMS you have an important role to support the IKEA units, stores and offices in IKEA with the purchase of indirect material and services, in particular within the segments of Marketing. As Marketing Purchaser you will be based from London, working across countries and regions in a global IKEA network that opens up for many possibilities. You will represent a strong brand with a big social and environmental responsibility and you will be in the forefront to drive change.
Role Responsibilities – Marketing Purchaser
- Lead the purchasing process for media, creative production, PR, direct marketing services and paper and print products
- Sourcing, developing and managing national and regional suppliers to secure that they comply with all IKEA requirements on quality, price and sustainability
- Implement and further develop the global strategy in marketing category
- Build trustful relations with stakeholders and suppliers to achieve the best solutions and ensure compliance of agreements
Required Skills – Marketing Purchaser
- Minimum 3 years of purchase experience in marketing areas
- University degree in Business Administration, legal or equivalent working knowledge
- Fluent in English but also in a second language both written and verbal.
- Highly skilled in procurement projects and driving business on a global level with multiple business partners
- Desire and ability to perform well in an open-minded, straightforward culture, sharing the IKEA values.
- Business mind set with a strong drive, open to challenges, changes and able to look for new possibilities to develop the ways of working.
- Good communication skills with ability to interact and build trustworthy relations with people inside and outside of IKEA.
As Marketing Purchaser within IKEA you would take on a role where you are in the driving seat for better procurement. Our Marketing Purchaser needs to be passionate about the business, environment and people. In our workplace we cherish diversity of experience, perspectives, background and an environment where everyone is welcome to be themselves. When you grow IKEA grows. As we offer an assignment with multiple locations, therefore it is important that you are able to work independently and are ready for travel.
Benefits - In return for your hard work and commitment our client offer a profit related bonus scheme and a number of additional benefits including medical, dental and pension scheme. You will also have a number of potential routes in terms of career progression with the brand.
We are on an exciting journey with a big growth agenda and we have an inspiring plan how to reach our goals. If you want to be part of something big, apply now to be considered for our future growth as a Marketing Purchaser.