MARKETING PROJECTS MANAGER- B2B PRODUCT MARKETING
"Newly created opportunity for degree educated strategic marketing professional with experience ideally gained with the B2B industrial, manufacturing or engineering sectors"
Salary: c£40000 (Dependent on Experience) + Bonus & Benefits
Birmingham, West Midlands
Our client is a UK market leader, part of a highly successful diversified industrial group and division of a global multinational.
A Marketing Projects Manager is required within one its specialist divisions serving the industrial and trade/wholesale channels to market. As Marketing Projects Manager, you will work with the Senior Strategic Marketing Manager to deliver the strategic marketing plan and marketing projects for a highly profitable and market leading product range. This will include product range management; new product development, product sector market studies; packaging innovation and packaging development. You will be responsible for leading projects to deliver project growth; managing and delivering these projects to budget and deadlines, with the focus on the delivery of measurable value to the business.
The role supports the Strategic Marketing Manager in helping to drive future profit growth from the development of new differentiated market offers, based on the strategic marketing plan. The role covers all aspects of product range marketing including the managing of products through their lifecycle, projects, analysing data and identifying new opportunities. You will be required to coordinate the launch of new products and to liaise with the relevant departments to ensure all product packaging designs conform to both internal and external design briefs and legislation. You will also work closely with production, supply planning, logistics and sales on both the current product range and new product launches to optimise product mix.
- Provide strategic analysis of the market segments for your designated product range including managing the product range in terms of volume & contribution.
- Undertake detailed strategic market studies on key projects to deliver profit growth.
- Carry out in depth analysis of the market and commercial awareness of your designated product range including product performance, monitoring opportunities and threats, initiating appropriate actions in the sales and marketing team when required
- Assist and lead the cross functional management of various strategic marketing projects from idea conception, offer development, and business case definition through to launch to deliver our financial targets on time and within budget.
- Identify new opportunities and new products or services.
- In conjunction with the Strategic Marketing Manager you will be be an advocate for profit driven innovation for your product range.
- Carry out segmentation/targeting /positioning and the development and positioning of products and services to meet segment needs
- Accountable for the commissioning, analysis and interpretation of market research and information to inform business development, assessment of attractive market segments, positioning of products and services and identification of unmet customer needs
- To support the Strategic Marketing Manager in delivering the strategic marketing plan
The Ideal Applicant:
- University degree educated, ideally in marketing. CIM qualification and/or Masters level qualification in Marketing would be highly advantageous.
- Strategic marketing, marketing projects and product range innovation and development experience gained with a blue chip corporate environment ideally focused on industrial products.
- Extensive experience of market analysis, segmentation, opportunity identification and value proposition development experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to interpret key market insights, trends and patterns in order to identify commercial opportunities from a range of information sources.
- Excellent marketing projects lifecycle management experience from conception to outcome analysis.
- Experience of marketing related product development, launch of differentiated products and pricing based on competitive benchmarking and customer requirements.
- Experience of developing strategic marketing plans for all channels, segments, products and strategic customers to optimise profitability.
- Experience of developing new and targeted valued propositions.
- Track record of positive trends in customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Track record of successful and positive ROI on marketing communication activities.
- Excellent persuasion, influencing and stakeholder engagement skills including extensive experience of working closely with board and senior management in relation to strategy planning.
In return our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career within a market leader.
- Marketing Manager
- Product Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job