At Poppy’s, we believe that funerals have the potential to be life and grief-changing experiences. With an open and honest approach, we encourage, reassure, guide and support families to have the funeral that they want - whatever that means to them. We're growing really quickly, and we know we’re onto something great with our approach. (In fact, we’ve had this confirmed by lots of awards!)
We’re now looking for someone to join our committed team as a Marketing Officer/Client Support Advisor. You will have experience of grassroots marketing campaigns and you will be a natural people-person. You’ll be empathetic, energetic and organised, and you’ll be passionate about spreading the word.
You’ll spend your time with us:
- Collaborating to create, develop and implement a successful grassroots marketing strategy
- Acting as a brand ambassador, promoting and embodying our values, and supporting colleagues to do the same
- Giving tours and speaking passionately about our work on and off site
- Welcoming our clients, whether in person, on the telephone or by email
- Informing, supporting, guiding and empowering our clients in their personal funeral choices
- Organising provisional funeral arrangements and chasing relevant paperwork
- Communicating with our clients, keeping them informed of daily updates
- Supporting the Funeral Directors by assisting with funeral arrangements
- Leading meetings and completing paperwork for Simple Cremations
- Sharing 'on call’ responsibilities with the rest of the team
(We’re a small team, so you’ll also need to be ready to work flexibly and beyond your job description when necessary, getting involved with ad hoc projects as and when they come up.)
We’re looking for someone who’s great at:
- marketing and outreach (with at least one year’s experience)
- communicating through social media
- networking and promotional opportunities
- building personal relationships and developing rapport with stakeholders and the public
- delivering excellent, personal client service and exceeding expectations
- building personal relationships with clients and within the industry
- listening and empathising
- supporting colleagues and working as a team
- communicating clearly and confidently
- prioritising work, managing your time and multi-tasking
- attention to detail
- learning quickly - this is a fast-paced environment
- staying positive, grounded and unflappable under pressure
Ideally you’ll also be:
- Physically fit and able to drive, with a full clean driving licence.
The finer details:
- Location: the role is based at our headquarters in Tooting. You should expect to be occasionally drawn into other work, potentially out and about across Greater London where necessary.
- Team: we’re a team of six (growing to nearer twelve by the end of the year) - you will work alongside your fellow Client Support Advisors.
- Reporting: you’ll report to our Head of Operations.
- Holidays: 32 days (including BHs).
Crucially, we expect everyone on the team to be able and willing to develop a sound understanding of the gentle, thoughtful, natural way we care for the dead people in our mortuary, even if they have no prior experience of this work. Full training will be given, as well as support and guidance as required.
We respect people's time and really do want to give as much flexibility as we can to our team - we just need to make sure we’re available to our clients when they need us.
- Our normal hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, but we encourage a flexible working approach and want to accommodate your needs and best working patterns wherever possible - so if your ideal hours don’t quite fall in line with this, please do let us know and we’ll see what we can do!
- You’ll need to be flexible enough to start early and end late when necessary (again, not often!). You’ll be generously reimbursed for your extra time and given time off in lieu.
- (On a similar note, we’d also consider discussing a four-day working week for the right person.)
Additional application instructions:
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV and cover letter telling us what makes you perfect for the role by 2nd May 2018.
We hope to hold interviews May 15th - 17th and have shortlisted candidates spend a few hours behind the scenes with us sometime between May 8th - 25th - for you to see in closer detail what we do and how it all works - and for us to get to know each other a little better.
We’re looking to have the successful candidate join us soon after!