An exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join the team of this Bristol based Professional services firm.
A Bristol based Professional Services firm seeking to engage an interim Marketing Manager.
Your key responsibilities are to:
- Work with the senior managers to drive the implementation and development of revenue and reputation campaigns.
- Identify hot topics, and trends to form the basis of PR and client thought leadership campaigns and creating a targeted strategy to raise the profile of the key priority products areas
- Proactively work on business development initiatives, including the Group's targeting and client retention programmes, and engaging with partners and associates to ensure they are following up leads generated from marketing activity and coach them on tactics to improve their conversion rate
- Work seamlessly with the firm's key account management and sector development team, to promote products and services throughout the business and into the external market
- Support the firm with legal directory and award submissions (not expected to write submissions).
Skills and experience required:
- Solid marketing and business development track record within a professional services environment
- Strong event and communications management background
- Proven ability to build and nurture strong internal relationships in order to implement change and make things happen
- Confident self-starter with an enthusiastic approach which inspires others
- Ability to present with clarity and confidence our objectives and the strategy being delivered
- Creative and commercial thinker who quickly translates thoughts into decisive action and prides themselves on a job well done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness
- Confident and credible in dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage conflicting timescales and multiple projects. Organised and efficient with a 'right first time' approach to quality of work.