Fantastic opportunity for an outstanding Marketing Manager to join a global business information and events company.
You’ll need experience in driving the Marketing strategy for large-scale events / conferences as well as knowledge of email marketing systems, social media, lead generation, event marketing, and digital advertising.
The Hospitality Group Event Marketing Manager plays a critical role in the timely and successful execution of the group’s event marketing strategies, communications and activities. The ideal candidate is a digital native, possessing outstanding organizational and communication skills; impeccable attention to detail; excellent customer/delegate acquisition skills; and enthusiasm for the global travel and hospitality industry.
This is a full time position located in London. This person will report directly into the group Marketing Director who is based in New York so strong written and verbal communication is key as the majority of communication will be via phone, email and Skype. There will also be dotted line reporting to team members in the London office.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You’ll be working for a successful, international business that rewards success and supports personal growth and development
- This is a role with a high-level of responsibility and is ideal for a self-sufficient, technical marketer
- The salary on offer is £30,000 - £40,000
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist Marketing Director in maintaining the day-to-day Marketing efforts of the global portfolio of hospitality events.
- Traffic strategic marketing campaigns that drive event revenue through sponsorship marketing and delegate acquisition. Manage the execution of promotional email campaigns to ensure successful delivery.
- Weekly reporting on all digital channel analytics (email, social, web).
- Create marketing calendars and traffic creative assets through the workflow and approval process.
- Work with designers to create effective sales collateral and lead generation programs.
- Leverage content marketing via our editorial assets to increase awareness and interest in the events.
- Meet constant deadlines for events and media.
- Support event directors and sales teams in developing targeted sales materials and presentations.
- Assist in results reporting, trafficking of projects, and budget tracking.
- Interact with external vendors and internal clients to ensure deadlines and requirements are met.
- Assist in creating and implementing the Marketing and Public Relations plan for all events; includes representing each event to the media and the exhibitors; prepares site proposals and recommendations for review.
- Compile and maintain monthly statistical reports on the performance of events within the group, generate custom reports from the sales automation system and other in-house resources.
- Provide support in advertiser/agency, staff and editorial comp list maintenance.
- Maintain a monthly competitive tracking report on related events as assigned by Marketing Director.
- Minimum 3 years event marketing experience - ideally in a conference environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in MS Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in database software and email service providers, preferably Sales Force and Marketo. Marketing automation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe or Quark a plus
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate effectively in both written and verbal form, and possess a high degree of organizational and detail & creativity oriented skills
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects with hard deadlines